Adelaide Hills Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Adelaide Hills Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing adelaidehills.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Adelaide Hills for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Adelaide Hills?
Adelaide Hills Galleries and Museums
The Adelaide Hills region of South Australia is famous for its breathtaking natural beauty, vibrant communities and rich cultural heritage. Visitors to this part of the world can enjoy a diverse array of galleries, museums and historical venues that showcase both the natural wonders and the human stories that have shaped this area.
Here are just a few of the must-visit sites and attractions in and around the Adelaide Hills:
1. The Hahndorf Academy: This historic building houses a number of exhibition spaces that showcase the works of local and regional artists. Located in the heart of Hahndorf, one of Australia's most picturesque villages, the Hahndorf Academy is a wonderful place to explore and discover the creative energy of this region.
2. The Cedars: This beautiful property was the home of the acclaimed Australian artist, Sir Hans Heysen. Visitors can tour his studio and view a range of his paintings, as well as take in the gorgeous gardens and natural surroundings that inspired his work.
3. The David Roche Foundation House Museum: This impressive collection of fine and decorative arts spans the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, with a particular focus on European and English antiques. Located in the leafy suburb of North Adelaide, this museum is a treasure trove of design and craftsmanship.
1. The National Motor Museum: Located in the charming town of Birdwood, this museum displays a huge range of historic cars, motorcycles and other motoring memorabilia. Visitors can take a ride in a vintage car or explore the heritage trails that wind through the museum's gardens.
2. The Migration Museum: This fascinating museum tells the story of migration to South Australia, from the earliest Indigenous arrivals to the present day. Located in Adelaide's vibrant cultural precinct, the Migration Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history of this region.
3. The South Australian Maritime Museum: Set in the historic precinct of Port Adelaide, this museum showcases South Australia's rich maritime heritage, with displays on shipbuilding, trade and seafaring. Visitors can also board the museum's historic vessels and explore the bustling Port River.
1. The Barossa Valley: This world-renowned wine region is also a living museum of European settlement in South Australia. Visitors can explore historic churches, stone cottages, museums and even an 1860s German schoolhouse, while sipping on some of Australia's best wines.
2. The Old Tailem Town Pioneer Village: This recreates a 19th-century town, complete with period buildings, vehicles and artefacts. Located on the Murray River, this is a great place to step back in time and imagine life in early South Australia.
3. The Adelaide Botanic Garden: This beautiful botanical gardens dates back to 1855 and contains a diverse range of plant species from across the globe. Visitors can explore the gardens' historic conservatories, sculptures and plant collections, as well as learn about the role of botany in South Australia's cultural and environmental history.
These are just a few of the many galleries, museums and historical venues that visitors can enjoy in and around the Adelaide Hills. Whether you're interested in art, history, nature or culture, there's something here to delight and inspire everyone. So why not come and explore this rich and diverse region for yourself?
Adelaide Hills Galleries and Museums Articles